~ Products to help you
build a legacy for yourself and your family
~ A legacy of memories,
traditions, and knowledge ~
Key Products Include:
- The Personal Historian.
- Writing Your Life Story.
- The RootsMagic 3 Family Tree.
- The Family Reunion Organizer.
Every family has is own unique history and traditions. There is a shared history of commitment and caring that can draw us closer together and can help us to maintain important ties and love.
In today's hectic world, however, wonderful family histories and traditions can be lost to future generations unless they are written down and preserved .
Lifecare staff have endeavored to assemble some effective resources to assist you in your Legacy Building ventures. Each can contribute meaningfully, and can help make the experience easier and more successful. We wish you our best in your efforts to strengthen and enhance your family ties and experiences.
Mark Twain once observed,
"There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside everyone, there is a drama, a comedy, [and] a tragedy.”
Our own stories should be told, so that our loved ones can learn and benefit from them, and so we can better understand, appreciate, and support each other. The following products can help you to in your efforts to preserve your life's story.
At last there is high quality software to assist you in writing your own personal history, or that of someone you love. For Windows Vista, XP, 95, 98, ME, NT, and 2000.
From start to finish, Personal Historian is the quickest, easiest, and most enjoyable way to write your own personal history or that of another individual. Personal Historian breaks your personal history into small, manageable pieces and then reconstructs it into a complete, publishable document. Plus, Personal Historian offers memory triggers, historical events, and other "life capsules" to help you with ideas.
Personal Historian takes the seemingly monumental task of writing a personal history about yourself or another individual and breaks it into small, manageable pieces and then reconstructs it into a complete, publishable document.
Simply add a new topic (or event), give it a date and category, and then write about that topic or event. Personal Historian will add the topic or event to the main timeline screen. You can filter by topic, category, time range, etc. At any time you can tell Personal Historian to write a personal history from the topics (events) you have entered. Your personal history can be sent to the printer, to a rich text file, or to a PDF document.
You can easily import word processor documents, photographs, and other data. Personal Historian can even bring in events, dates, and notes directly from your RootsMagic genealogical program, so that all the important events in your life and the life of your family are automatically there, ready for you to write.
Personal Historian comes with an extensive library of LifeCapsules- timelines, historical events, cultural fads, and memory triggers covering a wide-variety of subjects. LifeCapsules add color and context to your history, giving you insights into what was happening in the world at any point in your history.
* Individual topics break your history down into smaller, manageable pieces.
* Import names, dates and events from your genealogy software.
* An extensive library of timelines, historical events, cultural fads, and memory triggers reminds you
of important events and to give color and context to your history.
* Easily import your existing word processor documents and photographs.
* Assign topics to categories-- each with its own color, style, and icon.
* The Timeline gives a visual description of the individual’s life and gives it in historical and
* Slide the ends of the Timeline to zoom-in on a specific time period.
* Powerful filters and views let you easily manage your topics.
* Write down thoughts and memories as they come to you and organize them later.
* Easily organize your ideas into coherent groups and a logical order.
* The full-featured word processor makes the actual writing process easy and familiar.
* Powerful writing analysis helps you make your history readable and interesting to others.
* Publish your completed history to your printer, word processor, or a PDF document.
Click here to order your own Personal Historian.
Those who feel overwhelmed with computers now have another alternative. They can choose to order the Lifecare guide to "Writing Your Life Story." It is an easy-to-read 18 page booklet packed with information, tips, guidelines, memory prompts, organizational recommendations, outlines, etc.
The goal of writing your own life story, or that of someone you love is now within easy reach. Don't try to reinvent a wheel that has already been built! Order this Lifecare Guidebook today.
Click here to order your own Personal History Writing guide.
RootsMagic 3: mapping your family tree ~~ $29.95
RootsMagic is the easiest to use family tree software (available for Windows Vista, XP, 95, 98, ME, NT, and 2000), yet it is also one of the most powerful. Professional genealogists and beginners alike say RootsMagic is the best genealogy software in the world. The capacity to also make "Shareable CDs" (tm) for your family, and many other new features, keep RootsMagic 3 at "the top of the genealogy tree".
RootsMagic has three main views: the "Pedigree View", the "Family View", and the "Descendants View". You switch between the three views by simply clicking on the tab for the desired view.
The "Edit Screen" lets you add an unlimited number of facts for every person (i.e. birth, death, marriage, occupation, religion, description, etc). RootsMagic also allows you to enter notes and unlimited source citations for every fact. Tabs on the top of the edit screen allow you to move between notes, sources, photos, addresses, and to-do list items for each person.
The "RootsMagic Explorer" makes it easy to find and edit anyone in your file. Quickly search by surname or given names, or perform sophisticated searches easily. And you can easily edit any person in the search list with the click of a single button.
RootsMagic provides a powerful source list which lets you add, edit, delete, and print the sources of your information. And the SourceWizard will help you write properly formatted sources regardless of your expertise.
RootsMagic offers a large selection of printouts. Pedigree charts, family group sheets, wall charts, 7 styles of narrative reports (where RootsMagic writes the sentences for you), numerous lists, mailing labels, calendars, relationship charts, individual summaries, photo tree, and blank charts. And if that isn't enough, RootsMagic even provides a custom report generator, so you can create your own specialized lists.
Other Features include:
Publishing Your Family History
Publishing your family history has never been easier. The RootsMagic Publisher lets you combine multiple reports and charts into a single document, and will automatically create a table of contents and full index for the book. You can include photos, notes, sources and other text in your book. You can even add cover and title pages, copyright page, dedication, and more. Send your book directly to your printer, or save it to a PDF file to burn on a CD or email to family members.
Spectacular Wall Charts
RootsMagic lets you create beautiful full color ancestor, descendant, and hourglass wall charts.
Shareable CDs [tm]
You've worked hard to collect and organize your family history, and now RootsMagic makes it easy to share that history with your family and friends. Your Shareable CD will feature a custom home page with your own title, photo, description, and contact information, and it will include a read-only version of RootsMagic to show off your data and multimedia items.
Merging Duplicate Records
RootsMagic provides the most powerful and easy to use merge capabilities available. RootsMagic will automatically look for duplicate individuals and display them in a list with the most likely matches listed first. Simply click a button to merge the duplicate pair, or mark them as "not a match" so that they won't show up in any future merge sessions.
Click here to order your RootsMagic 3 genealogy software
Family Reunion Organizer: creating family memories for a lifetime ~~ $29.95
It's time to create family memories, and it has never been easier! Family Reunion Organizer (for Windows XP, 95, 98, ME, NT and 2000) lets you easily organize your reunion guest list, finances, schedule, and assignments. Print invitations, name tags, mailing labels and dozens of other items to make organizing your reunion a breeze!
Family Reunion Organizer even provides you with a pre-constructed planning list. Just click on an item in the check list, then fill in the blanks. When you finish a task, just check it off as completed. The step by step check list guides you through the entire planning process. And, the Family Address Book lets you track family addresses and details about each family member.
* Easy to use check list makes reunion planning easy.
* Family address book organizes family and individual information. You can even import information from a GEDCOM file.
* Enter basic reunion information such as contact address, reunion name and logo, dates and theme, address, directions, reservation information, and lodging available, etc.
* Budget and expense tracking help keep you from over spending.
* Create a schedule including meals and activities
* Dozens of printouts which can be printed directly or sent to your word processor.
* Create a family reunion website to tell your family about the upcoming event.
* Announce your reunion in the Family-Reunion.com registry.
* Built-in spell checker ensures that your correspondence is letter perfect.
* Includes ideas for themes, games, and activities.
* Create a shopping list of items for your reunion.
* Handle unlimited reunions with ease.
* Track assignments to make sure nobody drops the ball.
* Detailed help available at the press of a key.
* And much, much more!
* Invitations, Name tags, Mailing labels, Address list, Phone list, Schedules, Assignment list, Budget, Expense log, Reminders, Award certificates, Sign-in form, Shopping list, Committee list, Evaluation form, Survey, Thank you notes, and Tri-fold addressing.
Click here to order Family Reunion Organizer software